Monday, July 7, 2014

This morning finds me up from bed later than expected as I lost myself in Rosemary Gladstar's "Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health." Yesterday was a very productive day on my mini farm. I did battle with some giant ants in the back garden, whom I had been trying to ignore but had taken enough bites of my toes that something had to be done. (I garden in flip flops mostly). I haven't been outside yet this morning to see if they are are out and about yet. I applied potent mix of boiling water, followed by oil mixed with vinegar, hot peppers garlic, ginger, black pepper, and Dr. Bronners soap. I'll update you on the success of this venture at a later date, when I'm sure they've moved away.

I also set up a temporary grey water collection system for my bathroom sink. I spoke to a plumber about having this done and at the moment it is cost prohibitive while I'm in school. So for the time being I have disconnected the drain hose at the bottom of the sink and have that funneling into a 5 gallon bucket. I'm planning to use this water to add moisture to my compost pile and trees. It's almost 3/4 full and I only set it up yesterday morning....that's a lot of water that I've been wasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment