Sunday, July 6, 2014

The mini farm 2014



 Nicotina


Red Sunflowers

Hopi
Pomegranate and Mexican Ice the I rescued from the side of the road in T or C 


My currently unhappy peach tree

Post harvest of turnips last weekend. Kale, Chard, Beets, Marigolds and sunflower starts.

Kale in a bed overtaken by grass 
Next year I'm going to move my rosemary and dandelions up here since I cant rid the bed of this stuff.

Ocra


Zinnia 

Corn flowers and corn


Vitex

Asparagus and squash.



Onion, dill, calendula and marigolds.

All of my tomatoes came back from dropped fruit this year. I can't count the number of them I've pulled out and fed to Chicka Dee.

Chicka Dee in all of her glory.

This is my quick solution to wanting to have a fresh egg here and there. It still needs a lot of work but I think she's happy. I may grow a grape vine on an arbor over the pen so that she has a little more shade.

Jalapenos, Dill and Strawberries. The dill is everywhere this year.



A few basil that cam back on their own.



Out of control tomatoes. 

Okra crowded by black beans.




The curing compost pile

Romero

My other fertilization system. They survived the winter :)

Herb bed.


Onion, purselane and marigolds.



The sunflower and corn wind block.

Optuna making fruit.





The street side garden. I'm hoping to add several 'Keyhole' beds in the next year or so, I've started construction on one so far utilizing old beer and wine bottles.

http://www.texascooppower.com/texas-stories/nature-outdoors/keyhole-gardening





No comments:

Post a Comment